I was never a peanut butter kid growing up and have only recently discovered the miracles a spoon of peanut butter can do straight from the jar on a busy afternoon in the office when it is the only sustenance in sight.
This PB milkshake was not my best or most proud food experience from the weekend – and really is probably more of a kid recipe than a food for adults but it was the quickest and made for a tasty post surf snack. I mention it was a post surf snack as the weather has turned rubbish and it may well be the last time I can say that until next Summer. As for the best food experience from the weekend, that would have to be the slow roasted Shawarma lamb the other member of my household was responsible for that may well be the subject of a later post.
Ingredients – serves 2
- 1.5 cups almond milk (or substitute cows milk or soy)
- 1/3 cup yogurt (I used a Jalna greek yogurt with honey for some added sweetness)
- 1 heaped tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 bananas (I used a combination of fresh and frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon each of macca powder, cinnamon and chia seeds (you could omit or substitute out any of these ingredients if you don’t have them to hand)
Add all ingredients to a blender, blitz. Add more almond milk if you would like a thinner consistency, serve and enjoy.